Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Puppet Master

I have to tell you about this little shop around the corner that brings me such joy, one of the several marionette shops that we walk past each day. This one is different though, because invariably there is always the same little wooden Pinocchio marionette dancing his little wooden heart out on the sidewalk. You can hear his little wooden shoes clickety-clicking away even over the top 40 music that blasts out of the shop…. very cute but not the funny part! At the other end of the strings – the puppet master, you are probably picturing some sweet old Geppetto-esque old man in lederhosen. Nooooo the puppet master is always any one of a collection of tough greasy looking guys that look like more like bouncers. They look so disinterested and half-hearted, marionette in one hand, cigarette in the other… but what life they breathe into little Pinocchio’s tapping feet as he gets down to Black Eyed Peas or some other unlikely marionette music- it is hilarious! I laugh so hard every time I walk past that store. I wanted to take a video of it, but Adam won’t let me- I think he is scared of the bouncers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww....come on Jen, go get a video of Pinocchio...please..i want to hear his little feet tapping. Actually, get Adam to take the video of you watching and laughing..i love to hear your laughter xo. I love your stories, they are so descriptive..and Adam narrating with his charming accent. Every morning when I read this blog and see the pic's and vidoes I get so happy...I am so joyful that you and Adam are taking this amazing adventure..I get tears..was that sappy enough?? Now go get Pinocchio on video hee hee

velvetfinch said...

I second that Colleen. I too would like to see Pinocchio live and in action...

Anna

Anonymous said...

you were able to discribe that so well that I too was having quite the chuckle! I think we really need the video thoug......please! I want to see those little feet a dancing!
I want to be with you everything looks amazing, Shaun especially like the no walking thing! Chantal

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys. Got your link from Lisa late last week and was just catching up on all the entries. Thoroughly entertaining. Keep 'em coming. I wanna be in Prague... and Berlin! Thanks for the drunken voice message from the alley! Not going to write too much here until I figure out if I can actually send you a comment. Keep the updates coming.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it worked! Cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey hey we want to see pinocchio, get some balls and film big burly bouncer guys. Keep the videos coming they make us laugh
Matt Ness and Abigail send you both a hug xx

Anonymous said...

It won't be the same Czeching you guys out when you leave the country!!??

xo